Translate

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sochi Opening Ceremony and Why I Love Russia!

 Здравствуйте тележки!
Hello Dollies!

Why am I greeting in Russian today?

The winter olympics in Sochi, Russia kicked off today with quite an interesting ceremony, and I was truly captivated for each and every minute of the program!^^

One of my favorite countries in the world is Russia, so I was very happy when finding out that they would host the Olympic Winter Games this year.
Russia has a really interesting and beautiful culture as well as history, so today I'm going to share some of the reasons why I <3 Russia <3





1.)  They're music is fun, upbeat and catchy!^^

When learning how to speak Russian, what helped me how to pronouce, as well as speak was watching/ listening to various Russian artists. One out of many artist whom I love is Fabrika, фабрика in the Russian Alphabet and is literally translated to "FACTORY" in english!^^

Some of my favorite songs from Fabrika is Romantika and Not Born Beautiful <3




2.) The Culture! Russia has a really deep rooted and interesting culture that is beautiful.  Russian culture is deep rooted in hard work, as well as the arts, music, and dance. Russians are described to be true dreamers...


This young 5th grader plays Lubov, "Love" in english. She represents Russian femininity


To learn more about Russia's culture and history, I'd suggest watching Sochi's opening ceremony which is beautiful!
The opening ceremony is told through the eyes of this little girl's dream, gradually showing the world their past, including struggles.

3.) The language, out of the six languages I speak, I've found Russian to be one of my favorite since the alphabet was easier to learn/ memorize, and is fun to speak. 


Those are some of the reasons why I love Russia^^

What do you like about Russia? Have any favorites? 

Share and comment  below, I'd love to hear your thoughts!^^

This is all for Sochi coverage, be sure to support your favorite team by watching the Sochi games, and check back here for all of the latest news on the 2014 Winter Games!

This is Sakurai Minako, and as always, stay beautiful and stylish!