Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Movie Review: Fujoshi Kanojo




Hello everyone!~

One of my favorite past times when not blogging is looking up new shoujo manga to read, as well as new shoujo anime shows and live action adaptions to watch. My first live action adaption I watched was Koizora: Sky of Love back in 2012, and now I'm beginning to enjoy live action versions more and more.

Recently, I watched Fujoshi Kanojo: How to Date an Otaku Girl. The movie overall was very entertaining as well as funny, so today I'll show you some of my favorite scenes as well as give you a brief overview of the film^^





Fujoshi Kanojo, A.KA How to Date an Otaku Girl, Akihabara Shojo, or My Girlfriend's a Geek, is an live action adaption film based on the manga by author Pentabu. The story focuses on a young man whom has a crush on a girl, however what the main protagionist does not know is that the girl is a hard core Otaku and Yaoi Anime fan.

Since I didn't read the manga, I cannot honestly say how much they stuck to the original story line, but I thought it was a very cute romance/ comedy, was very well cast and done and has even gotten me interested in reading the manga light novel!


I don't want to spoil for those of you whom haven't watched it, but here are some of my favorite scenes^^



This is the face I'd get when going into the manga section at Barnes and Noble

Cosplay! Recognize any of these characters?

Of course you have to visit a Butler's Cafe for tea^^



That's just some of what you'll see in Fujoshi Kanojo, if you want to know more, just watch the flick and share your thoughts on the movie via twitter and comment^^

This is Sakurai Minako, and as always, Stay Beautiful and Stylish!