Translate

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Saturday's OOTD!~


Jpop Idol Group AKB48

Hello everyone, happy Monday and here's my ootd from Saturday!

For those whom are avid readers of my blog, you know all my outfits have a certain theme/ look that I want to go for.  For Saturday's look, I was inspired by school uniforms that are mostly commonly seen in Japanese/ Korean dramas and animations, and worn by Japanese Pop Idol groups. Instead of just going with the traditional look, I wanted to go all out and add a slight edge, which I will explain below.








By personal experience, I know how boring wearing school uniforms can be (since I attended a uniform school), but I've always been the one make the best out of something, so the first thing that comes to mind whenever wearing a school uniform is, "How to make it look different," and, "how to make the coordinate unique, as well as memorable."  
For this look, instead of making a straight bee line to my typical plain white button down, I decided to go with my white lace peplum, pairing it with my navy blue skirt and blazer.  Notice that the peplum does not have a collar! To make it more so edgy, I added my plaid tie to really set the uniform feel without making it look too obvious. 






Since I have an audition coming up soon, I wanted to allow my skin to breathe for that day, so I didn't wear any makeup, and just focused more on my outfit, as well as hair!^^
The katyusha I'm wearing is a d.i.y I made myself, and it's inspired by the Japanese jpop idol look overall, completing the outfit!

Top performers ... AKB48 perform during a concert in 2011.


Thanks to creativity, I went to see Spiderman 2 in style and gotten compliments left and right. 
This is Sakurai Minako, and as always, Stay beautiful and Stylish!~