Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Minnie and Lisa Frank



Hello everyone,

Today when going through an old box of stuff from the second grade, I stumbled upon my most favorite keepsake--my Lisa Frank stationary set! I don't know about those of you out there, but I pretty much grew up on Lisa Frank brand and owned many of their products. Going through some of the things was like going through some old time capsule that really took me back to my elementary school days, so today I'm going  pay homage to my favorite childhood brand by making this post all about my childhood and the Wonderful World of Lisa Frank!


Due to my father's occupation as a regional manager when growing up, I pretty much moved each and every year, and because of this I didn't have many friends in which I kept in contact with. Most of the time to keep me busy my parents would buy me new toys to play with every week, and my Mum would play and do various activities with me so I never felt alone. During the week my mum planned many fun activities such as tea time, music time, story time, and my favorite--arts and crafts time!

My Mum came from a long family line of individuals in the fine arts--my grandfather was a poet, my Mum's four siblings enjoyed singing, and my Mum, she was a brilliant artist! Throughout her school years she won many art competitions, and has graduated from well known University, the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City with a degree in fashion illustration. As an artist she encouraged me to express myself through the arts, so up til this day I enjoy fine arts!



Mum & Me


When moving from Bolingbrook, IL to Tucson, Az during the Summer of my second grade year, I discovered the Lisa Frank Clubhouse store at Foothills Mall in Tucson, Az (which probably isn't there anymore). The store itself was just as artistic, girly, and fun as their products decor wise and I'd always would beg my Mum to take me whenever we were at the mall--I was even a Lisa Frank Club member!
I don't really know to per say describe it since it was such a long time ago, but I remember almost all the illustrations clad of their notebooks and other stationary items made me feel very happy--I love the bright colors and hey, maybe this was the beginning love for all the kawaii things I love to this day!


Lisa Frank Clubhouse store Tucson, Az

Its been the first time in forever since I've seen any ads or LF merchandise anywhere and due to its vast popularity the company has developed over the years its pretty shocking. Below are some of my favorite Lisa Frank characters and illustrations :)







I really love Lisa Frank's art style, all illustrations are unique, and has a deminsional effect by adding various color contrasts in each piece of art^ ^

Well, it's already rather late, so I'll be ending this post here. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I have typing it <3

Until next time,

Stay Beautiful and Stylish