Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My recent Onee GAL Style Obsession

Hello everyone, this is Minnie bringing you another fashion filled post <3
These past few weeks has been super busy for me with finals, so now that the new Semester has begun for me, that means new beginnings and a fresh slate to start out with. Now that I'm getting older, I now have some more freedom to venture into other sub-styles in which I've wanted to try for the longest time, and one that's been on my list for awhile now has been Onee Gyaru.

Unlike himekaji or hime gyaru (which I enjoy dressing usually), onee gyaru is mostly described to be a more mature fashion style and is therefore mostly worn by girls that have already graduated from high school (adult). In Onee gyaru style colors are more toned down than compared to some of the louder gyaru styles and personally I think it's perfect for those whom want to still dress gyaru, but would like to tone things down a bit! Here's some inspo in which I've collected over the past few months <3


























































That's just some of my inspiration. This Thursday I began attempting the Onee style and have to say, loved how it turned out! Below is my coordinate I recently purchased from Styles for Less early this week (subtotal $30).







Below is my make-up look! Not too shabby for the first try <3



One of my hardest struggles with gyaru makeup was perfecting my nose contour. Proud that all the practice didn't go to waste!^ ^
As of this year, I've been really drawn to mute colors such as nudes, bieges, etc and have been drawing much inspiration from Happie Nuts as well as Datura, Cecil Mcbee, and Lip Service. 











A few years ago, I never considered onee style, and mostly gravitated towards brands such as Cocolulu and followed mags such as Nicola, Popteen, Ranzuki, and Egg for fashion advice and inspiration.  Back then, I thought Happie Nuts and onee was boring, haha! "Where's the neon colors and pastel pinks?" I've often asked myself. Then again, this was when I just finished middle school, and was just about to dive into the big High School fish bowl, lol! It's amazing how one's interests and mindsets about things can change over a short period of time. 

This is Sakurai Minako bringing this post to an end, and as always,

Stay Beautiful and Stylish <3