Translate

Monday, April 18, 2016

Vlog Houston Japanese Festival Lolita Fashion Show Weekend!



Hallo Lovelies,

As of this April, I've been a Lolita for approximately a year and a half, and it's been an amazing journey so far! From gaining the acceptance of my parents, obtaining my first brand piece, to modelling in the Houston Japanese Festival recently, life's been getting better!


To celebrate the progress thus far, I plan on documenting my journey by sharing the small experiences and opportunities I've been blessed with through video logs, and informative blog posts, in hopes to help educate beginners about this truly wonderful fashion style and awesome community, as well as maybe motivate others to give Lolita a try!

These set of videos on my channel will be entitled: the Lolita Diaries, and will one by one the answer questions I had when I first started. Some topics include:

  • How to Explain Lolita Fashion to Parents/Guardians
  • How to Afford Lolita on a Budget
  • Taobao or Bodyline
  • Wearing Lolita in Public
  • Weekly Brand Highlights or Review
  • YOU Don't Have to be an ITA--Rules on Dressing for Success
Each topic will be discussed in it's own personal video, will include some valuable resources, as well as a safe discussion (comments section) in which anyone can leave a question, request, or thoughtful suggestions.

While I don't consider myself an expert or guru of Lolita fashion, I hope that you all enjoy the series!

In the first video, I take you along with me to Houston's Japanese Festival in Hermann Park & share my experience wearing Lolita for the first time, on the runway!

The Dress I'm wearing is Triple Fortune's Sky Jewelry Op




This is Minako Sakurai, and as always,
Stay Beautiful and Stylish!